Aeromac is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
Aeromac needs to collect certain personal information in order to properly carry out its functions and activities. The types of information that the Company collects will depend on the circumstances of the individuals involvement or contact with the Company.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In order to provide services to you, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Examples of where we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to, when you make an in store purchase, put goods on hold, access our website contact forms, provide details to join our mailing lists or databases, provide information via social media pages, enter a competition, sign up as part of our loyalty program or send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by Aeromac. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require should that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Information is automatically collected through your use of Aeromac’s website, social media and through cookies or by other electronic means. Cookies are small text files that websites may place on your computer or device. Most often, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to personal user accounts. Cookies are also used to allow the website to track usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow Aeromac to customise a user’s experience on their website.
Aeromac only collects sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our activities and either you have consented, or we are required or authorised by law to do so.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- processing transactions, in-store and online, and delivering products and services
- to deliver any warranties or customer relationship management systems
- promoting Aeromac and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- protecting the security of our stores, team members, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- recruiting team members and contractors
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants
- Aeromac contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers).
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws. We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
KEEPING INFORMATION SECURE
Aeromac takes measures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Aeromac is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of information.
We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- In instances where other organisations provide support and or services, Aeromac requires them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to Aeromac’s computer systems, controlled access to the Aeromac’s premises, policies on document storage and security, personnel security and workplace policies. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Aeromac’s Customer Support team on 1800 333 503 or the Privacy Officer. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
3. Third party websites
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact our Customer Support team on 1800 333 503 or the Privacy Officer if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to ensure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
Aeromac’s Head Office is located at Unit 3, 35 Limestone Street, Darra, QLD 4076. You can contact the Company by writing to The Privacy Officer at PO Box 3125, Mount Ommaney QLD 4074, by telephoning 1800 333 503, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Further information about the Privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Updated: May 2018